Help | Search | Members | Contest Calendar | Chat

Robot Battle Registry  Discussion Forums  Everything Else RB  Hello World

Hello World Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic 
just.monkey.code
Posted: Jun 26 2011, 01:54 PM

Player

Group: Just Joined
Member No.: 1672

I've just recently downloaded my very own copy of Robot Battles, and have fallen in love it. I have lost an entire weekend building concept bots and reading everything I can find. I just wanted to throw my two cents out there and see what everyone was up too. I'm working on my first real bot now, not sure how long it will take me to get it to a decent level (where it can handle the demo bots). I've explored a few interesting concepts (to me anyway), but I'll take that discussion to the robot creation forum. For now, I just wanted to see who all was out there and what was going on.

chess123mate
Posted: Jul 15 2011, 12:00 PM

Logical Programmer

Group: Members
Member No.: 936

First, I don't think anyone's done it -- welcome to the registry!

I'm "out there", but I'm not really doing anything. I haven't touched RB in terms of bots or tournaments for at least a year now, though I've been watching the registry.
Not that I was ever really good with making bots; I believe I had many ideas and few results -- I am unsure if I was even ever able to beat the demo bot Zag.

Glad to see that you're enjoying RB!

steJ
Posted: Jul 17 2011, 01:40 PM

Tiny Bot Obsessive

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 9

A good test of ability is if you can beat zag. Its pretty much the first sign that your bot is competative.

After that, just keep teaking an tweaking. There are lots of differnt types of competition which different bots excel at. Pick one and become th master!

--------------------
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
SteJ

MrFox
Posted: Jul 17 2011, 02:43 PM

Tactical Engineer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 27

Don't try to beat zag right out the chute though.
The sample bots are there to help you build your skills in different areas of the game.
Open them up, look att eh code, and see how they tick. It's not always a luxury to do when competing, so take advantage of it when you are learning.
Then, build on what you've learned. And you don't have to be a math wiz or programming guru to compete in this game.

Just crawl before you try to sprint.

--------------------
"Life is inevitable."
Me

See profile for Authored Robots and Contest Standings.
Robots(7): Lunatic Frenzy, JAM, ittyBot, ZenBot,
ZenBittyBot,RadFly,Omni

<< Back to Everything Else RB